Water prices have increased dramatically in the last 1o years. According to a USA today article, water prices have tripled in many locations across the United States. Atlanta, San Francisco, and Wilmington are just a few of the major cities whos residents and commercial building owners are feeling the sting or escalating water bills.
Artificial Grass has become commonplace and now artificial hedges are being erected in commercial locations across the US. Water prices are one reason that the use of these new hedges increasing in popularity. There are many more reasons to be listed below:
- Water Damage Liability- Eliminates water pipes or leaking water going to lower lever properties.
- Noise Management-Artificial hedges can contain sound dampening material.
- No Trimming Required-Increased labor costs have made faux boxwood hedges more attractive
- Price for Hedges-The price of hedges has decreased. Suppliers like Geranium Street Floral have made product affordable.
- Very Real and Beautiful-These hedges look very real and are made to last.
- UV Boxwood Material is Better Quality-UV rated hedge material makes products last outdoors.
As you can see, the reasons are many for trying out an artificial hedge. One aspect that was not mentioned is how fast you can get your hands on a hedge. Real hedges take years to grow and artificial boxwood can be made in a few weeks. Artificial hedge panels are great way to add instant privacy to any setting. Commercial settings are especially suited for these materials as water is both an added cost and a liability. One slip on a water spot from watering a plant can cause an astronomical increase in insurance premiums.
Increase labor costs and water bills do have designers, business owners and developers scrambling for ways for properties to have less maintenance costs. Artificial hedges and other artificial plants are great way to add some diversity to a project and keep the green look that makes a setting come alive. Geranium Street Floral is a quality supplier who can deliver on large and small artificial hedge projects. The company starts with a quality UV rated material that can go over a metal frame and sit in a wood or fiberglass planter. Volume purchasing power and onshore/offshore capability may the company a must call when needing a bid for these types of projects.
by Bob Smith, Owner, Geranium Street Floral, California, U.S.A.