After working for months on end, we here at Geranium Street USA decided to take a little break. Our vacation destination of choice was Las Vegas. On the way, we stopped into Lake Mead to do a little sightseeing. With all of our focus on drought prevention, we have a natural love for getting out on the water and figured that Mead was the place to do it.
We weren’t, however, prepared for what we found there. The pre-drought water line was clearly visible far above the current water line. The sheer scale of the lake really put into perspective how tragic the drought really is. If Lake Mead can be affected by the drought, anywhere can. Seeing the travesty at Lake Mead solidified our belief in how important our work, drought prevention, really is. We came home with a renewed sense of energy and determination to continue in our goals and provide our customers with all the artificial plants, flowers, trees, and brush we can.
Our artificial plants are designed for drought prevention. They are crafted from bright, colorful plastic that is so beautiful and realistic your guests and neighbors will be hard pressed to find the fake plants amongst the real.
5 reasons drought prevention should be a top concern
- The lakes and reservoirs of the western United States have drastically lost water levels. With the shrinking water levels, more and more water restrictions will be enforced.
- There is no water to spare for watering plants and gardens, let alone washing cars or extra long showers.
- Everyone has a responsibility to keep California as green as possible. We’re currently in the driest spell we’ve ever experienced and until it rains again, we have to do our best to help.
- There are plenty of ways to save water without significantly impacting your life. Shorter showers, drier lawns, and water wise plants are easy ways to start.
- With summer fast approaching, many residents will be wanting to take to the water and play. We can all help out to help drought prevention as much as possible.
If you want to do everything you can to aid in drought prevention in your own way, give us a call at (760) 798-2316. We have tons of ideas for your home and property to make it as water wise as possible. Everything from artificial plants and hedges to succulent holders, we’ve got it. We can ship anywhere in the world, and for a fee, our craftsmen can come and implement your new drought prevention aids just about anywhere.
We’re proud to be on the forefront of this effort and want to help California in any way possible. Check out our website to be inspired by our drought prevention story.